There are a lot of drugs available in Mexico, and industrial glue is often used, especially by the underclass.
What a way to destroy yourself.
I thought of the children in club, especially the young boys, and the challenges placed in front of them in their lives. It would hurt to see them wasting away in the same manner as this man.
Then I thought of a certain young man in our church who had come to club and youth group some, but then stopped coming to church about four years ago. Once I was with him when someone asked about the time he spent outside of the church. Among other things, he said he had used glue. But now he's back in church; he's following the paths of the Lord. He's faithful again. I think it would have been hard to have worked with him before and to see him fall. But then, to see the restoration Jesus Christ brings; the redemption; how he brings us out of the pit and sets our feet on a solid rock: that would be worth seeing. Our hope for these children isn't based on their odds and the obstacles placed before them, but on the saving power of the Lamb who was slain.
Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love always hopes.
1 comment:
I loved the insight and faith you shared in this post! Thanks for animarme. :)
Post a Comment