Saturday, August 15, 2009

cattle on the hills

I would like to say a big Thank You!!!! to my supporters - financial, prayer, and emotional - for 2008-2009.

Our fiscal year ended in July, and I am happy to say that I was able to raise sufficient funds for this past year. For 2009 -2010 I will again be raising $21,000. This money pays for my daily living expenses, insurance, taxes, airline tickets, and my Mexican visa.

When I decided in April of 2008 to come down to Mexico and spend a year here, finances were one of my biggest concerns. I was just about to graduate from Wheaton with a normal amount of student debt, and was feeling pressure to find a respectable job and not have to continue relying on others. Additionally, I thought, "I don't know super-wealthy people; how am I ever going to raise this money?"

I may not have super-wealthy friends, but I do have faithful friends, and I serve a faithful God. The required funds have come in so steadily this year and I have been incredibly encouraged by the many people who have given this year. I still have a desire to support myself, but this year has been so beneficial in terms of learning how the Body of Christ relies on each other, and how we support each other. I have also been encouraged to be more faithful in giving of my own money to other friends who are missionaries.

So, for this coming year, if you'd like to get involved and support me, there are several ways to do that. You can send a check made out to CFCI (Christ for Children, Int'l) to:

CFCI
PO Box 260
Wheaton, IL 60187-0260,

Include a piece of paper saying that it is for the ministry of Karen Hooge.

Or, you can donate electronically through the Christ for Children International website.

I have been humbled and deeply encouraged by your support this past year. Thank you.





No comments: