Wednesday, May 6, 2009

part of what I enjoy

This afternoon Cecy, Beto, and I had a jam session. We got out some guitars, a piano, and Beto brought his accordion and we played music, from sheets, or following each other. This is part of what I really enjoy here. Looking at Cecy and Beto and realizing that these are my friends, that I really enjoy their company, that I care about them.

About a month ago Cecy and I played guitars together and I felt so sad thinking that I was going to be leaving in a few months. As I thought about graduate school and deferring and leaving, that picture, that simple picture of playing music with my friend, stuck in my head. I was so thankful for what I have here. I still am!

Schools are still canceled and we still don't have club this week. Tomorrow I leave for my sister's graduation and will be gone for about a week and a half. And there's a gladness underlying things, that I can continue my life here, albeit for just another year, and I can enjoy my friends.

No comments: