Friday, January 23, 2009

Starting to feel comfortable

We have started a new semester of Club this month. The schools have a rather lengthy Christmas break and we followed that schedule. Now we're back in the swing of things, and I'm happy to say that I feel pretty comfortable. I know what we're doing in the meetings and I don't always feel like I have to ask to make sure I'm doing something right. I can tell that even though my Spanish still fails in many aspects, I'm making a lot more sense when I talk to the kids.

It's a nice feeling, when you know what you're doing, when what you do makes sense, when you can take the initiative because you know what has to be done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen!
How are you? I just caught up on reading your blog. Interesting insight on "belonging" I couldn't agree more with your analysis. I enjoyed your story about the children with extra fingers, and I am glad to hear you are feeling more confident about your children's ministry. All in all I just enjoy hearing all the little stories as well as the major events. :) Keep writing Ms. Karen!I am praying for you!
Mikaela

Anonymous said...

Karen, I am enjoying reading your blogs and getting some insight about what to expect when I come down. Thanks for sharing this journey of faith and growth. It inspires me for my life here as a believer and gives me hope for God's grace there! Can't wait to meet you, Felicia