Sunday, January 18, 2009

I can count to eleven.

I played games with six-fingered children on Wednesday. Malene, is in my class and has a little stubby extra pinky that hangs by a little piece of skin from the side of her right hand. Her brothers do as well, with her little brother having the most developed extra finger with an actual knuckle. I've known about Malene's extra finger for quite a while, and though she can't use it, she usually paints the nail along with her others.

I also found out that her parents used to come to church very faithfully but there were problems when it became apparent that they weren't married. And they stopped coming to church. Some people here don't get married because it's expensive and often birth certificates, a necessary document, were never procurred when they were born.

There are a lot of things that don't make sense.

No comments: