Thursday, January 1, 2009

Gingerbread houses

I have been meaning to put up my pictures of the gingerbread houses for some time now; many apologies. I grew up making gingerbread houses with my family during the Christmas season and had the chance to make them with three groups of people (though I only have pictures from two occasions!)

I live in a house with three other American missionaries, and due to vacation time, we were only together for about 6 days from the middle of November to the middle of January. We wanted to plan something together for those few days, and I suggested making gingerbread houses. I got all the stuff together and made the little houses, buying candy and crackers and mixing the icing. We had a blast making the houses, and I think we all ended up giving the houses away as presents, which is fun.
Becca, Meredith, and Elizabeth with bowls and bowls of candy.

I also made houses for a group of girls that I disciple and Marta, Alma, and Malene all had fun making them. Marta said they were better than making cookies (cookies being a perennial favorite for the club girls to make).Marta, Malene, Alma, and me and their creations.



Malene and her beautiful house!

And then I made houses with Doug and Christy's two boys, though I don't have a picture of that.

There's no real point to this post, besides facts and pictures.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

The gingerbread houses look wonderful. I wish I could make one with you too. It's been so long since I've made one.

Shirley Hooge said...

I loved making Gingerbread houses, too. This year, with us coming back from Japan, I didn't even plan to make any houses. It's fun to see your pictures. Love, Mom