It doesn't rain very often in Fresnillo, but the months of July and August are pretty rainy. Because it rains so infrequently, the city doesn't have a good drainage infrastructure. The other missionaries have told me how in the past the streets have flooded after a hard rain.
Rainy days constitute some of my favorite. I like the cozy feel and the way the water makes green things greener. I like the quiet feeling. I thought today, walking along the street, looking at upside cathedrals and houses in the rain puddles, about how the rain cools everything down. It comes in at its own time, and it doesn't stop for outdoor school graduations or work or anything. It comes when it does, takes away the heat, and leaves.
"Let us know, let us press on to know the LORD; His going out is sure as the dawn; He will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth." Hosea 6:3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment