Since I'm witnessing the end of the club season, I don't have many responsibilities at Club besides observation, and you can observe a lot, just by watching. So I sit in the back and learn the songs and the actions, watching how the other workers interact with the kids, what words they use, how they demonstrate the actions. I'm struck that this is just what I've always done, especially at FaHoCha Bible Camp - just hanging out with kids. The only real difference is that this is in Spanish.
Sometimes I wonder how I keep ending up doing things like this. I don't particularly like chasing kids and getting them to listen. Sometimes I feel awkward, not knowing exactly what to say. At FaHoCha, where I worked for years, and here, I am doing the same thing - sweating a lot and pointing kids to God. I still have the same faith struggles as everyone, and I don't particularly like doing actions to songs.
I guess I keep doing this type of work because I love the people and the work is important. Yep, the work is important.
1 comment:
I don't really like doing actions to songs either, except for "If I were a butterfly" at Sunday evening church when I was encouraging all the other adults to do the actions and the fun was watching them.
Post a Comment