I have arrived in Mexico. I feel quite tired, and am not yet finished with my viaje (“journey,” in Spanish). I am at the airport in Mexico City and have one more flight left. While here I pulled out my laptop. Voila. (That’s French for “wow.” jk I think it means "see" or something like that): here’s a post!
On my flight from Chicago to Mexico City I sat next to two young girls, flying unaccompanied to visit their grandparents here in the country. I enjoyed sitting next to them as they were very friendly and the elder helped me with some words in my Spanish edition of The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe (El León, La Bruja, y El Robero). However, they did keep pulling up the window blind in order to see how close we were to our destination. This was during the time I was trying to nap, and it interrupted my REM cycles, over and over again. I forgive them for that, though.
I have about another hour and a half here in the airport, and then the last leg of my journey. Well, not really. Because the journey is really just now beginning.
1 comment:
You're so forgiving! I would have spiked their water with a sleeping pill. I love you and hope you are getting lots of sleep and making friends! What times are best to call you? What time zone are you in?
Post a Comment