Then there are the Jehovah's Witnesses. They come to the door and ask if there is anyone who speaks English here. Then they give you a current copy of the Watchtower in English. I once met some JWs from the US in a Starbucks here and asked them why they evangelize in English in a Spanish speaking country. They said that since there are so many Mexicans who have spent time in the US, there are some who know English better than Spanish. I, personally, think that that percentage is miniscule and that they should hand out information in the people's native language.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Sects
Sometimes I see the Mormons walking around. I know that they're Mormons, because they go two-by-two. White button-up shirts, black ties, backpacks. Usually there's an olive-skinned Mexican boy and a sunburnt Utah boy. I think it's neat that they always go in pairs. I think that after two years of walking around evangelizing you would either be really, really good friends with your partner, or you won't be able to stand each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment