I have been apartment- and puppy-sitting for a coworker who has been on vacation for the past two weeks. She has two puppies, named Romeo and Mocha, and though many times I find myself frustrated and overwhelmed by their untrained puppy-ness, I do enjoy having them around.
It's been kind of nice, living by myself for this time. Kind of a mini-vacation in that it's definitely a change from my normal routine.
One day, I looked up, at the sky lights in the hall, and saw this:
It might not be immediately obvious due to the perspective and lighting of the photograph, but there is a plant growing underneath the skylight, growing from the cement blocks that make up the roof. I'm not sure how long it's been there or how it gets water apart from the sporadic (at this time) rains. It looks healthy and robust, with full leaves.
I thought that I should have a poignant comment or two about life finding a way, or blooming where you're planted. Mostly, I just thought it was beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment