Last Tuesday we had a surprise guest. A man named Roberto came knocking on the door of the Escuela, looking slightly bewildered and saying to George "I was on the team."
It turns out that Roberto had been part of CFCI 14 years ago, when the Escuela didn't exist and the church had more missionaries than members. He went to lunch with us, and it was so interesting talking to him and hearing about how his year went, one of the first years of CFCI's existence. Meredith said that Roberto was one of the missionaries that had lost contact over the years, and it was a complete surprise for him to show up.
I wonder what it would be like for me to come back in 14 years, seeing how the colonia has grown and to see new buildings were there was once just dusty fields. Roberto said he was flooded with memories, and I believe it. Visiting a place will do that.
Incidentally, the other day I found heavy whipping cream in the store, and that means that we can make whipped topping. woohoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment