Each kids club has an animal name, and mine is Las Jirafas - the Giraffes. We are the seven and eight year olds and I have been having quite a time of figuring out how to teaching the Bible lesson review in Spanish or how to do the craft with the kids. Club itself isn't very long - just an hour a piece, three times a week - but because we invite beforehand, drop the kids off afterward, and visit the kids, Wednesdays and Thursdays in particular can be quite long. The change in schedule these past few weeks has been a little shock after the relaxing, training months of June and July, but it is really exciting to be working with the kids and doing the work that I particularly came here to do.
I mentioned the visits earlier - we are expected to visit each of our kids about once every other month. I am not sure how many consistent clubbers I will have this year, but I've been doing about 6 visits each week. Most have been going really well, but I visited Nancy the other day, and she got a little mad because there were other kids playing with us, and well, she left. So after I finished the game with the other kids I went to find her, because I came specifically to play with her and get to know her. But she didn't want to, so I prayed for her and left. She was one of the first kids I met and whose name I remembered, so I have felt a little closer to her. I hope to get to know her better this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment