Tuesday, June 29, 2010

going away party

Felicia and I had a going-away part last Friday. My friend Yohana wanted to do my hair, so I went over to her estetica and she put my hair up. As soon as I left I started getting surprised looks and big compliments. You look so pretty! I've never seen you with your hair up like that. wow! incredible. I guess it can pay to not get all dressed up every day - people noticed the difference last Friday.

The party was really nice. A lot of our friends from church were able to come to tell us goodbye and I enjoyed being able to spend time with a lot of people at once. In the evening, after most people had gone, some of us stayed to dance. I learned the kumbia. I'm not very good but I enjoyed dancing with my friends.

Now I've left Mexico - we're waiting in Texas for a flight tomorrow. I know that I still have a lot of processing and thinking to do during this transitional time, but I am so thankful for my last few weeks. Thought they were stressful and full, I appreciated the time I was able to spend with everyone.

No comments: