Thursday, January 14, 2010

January

Our kid's club program is starting again. It's so much fun to see all of the kids together again after the month-long break over Christmas. This semester, which will end in June, is a month longer than the fall semester. We use the additional time for extra outings - like a large group outing which will include both the boys and girls from each of my three club classes. We'll probably go to the park and play on the swings, or play football, and then have a snack or lunch, depending on what time of day we go. We only have these large group outings in the spring, and I'm looking forward to them.

It's been getting below freezing at night, and I think of some of these kids, in houses made of corrugated tin, without heat, without a lot of warm clothing. I know that I complain in my relatively cozy room, with my space heater, that's it's cold. I wish that I could invite all my little club kids to a sleepover here during these frigid nights.


No comments: