I once watched a nature video with my sister Shanna about how the Monarch butterflies migrate to Mexico in the winter and invade forests in the state of Michoacan. I thought it would be amazing to see. When I came down, I asked people about it, and they said "oh, no, we don't see too many butterflies making their way down." and Michoacan is pretty far from here, so I put my dream of visiting them on the back burner. (My itch to go see it is coming back, though, as we're heading into the months when the trees are full of the butterflies)
.
(I did not take this picture, though I would love to see something like this in real life! The things that look like falling leaves are actually Monarchs, as are all the golden brown flecks covering the ground and trees)Anyway, on Thanksgiving morning, a lone butterfly came into our open patio and flittered about a bit. I got my camera and am sharing it with you!

I'm not sure which type of butterfly it is, though. It doesn't look quite like a Monarch.
1 comment:
I think I saw that with you too. That would be amazing to see. And that's a beautiful picture that you took. Love you.
Kathryn
Post a Comment