Saturday, May 24, 2008

Skype

I finally got my Skype account hooked up. For those who don't know, and I was one of you until recently, Skype is phone conversations over the internet. You don't need to purchase anything to have the basic Skype software - all you need to do is download Skype and have a microphone. You can talk to people all over the world this way. I guess it's pretty cool.

What makes my thing even cooler is that I purchased a United States phone number. (I won't post it here for the world to see, but if you want to call me, let me know, and I'll get it to you in a non-public manner). With my number, people can call me as if I was still in the United States. It doesn't cost anything more than calling another domestic number.

When you call, it rings to my computer. If I'm not there, or my computer's off, it goes to my voice mail. Pretty handy!

Another cool thing about the number is that I can call you with it - you don't need to have Skype downloaded. It will show up on your cell phone as "Unavailable" most likely, but it will be me, in Mexico, calling you!

No comments: